CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"aww look at the baby."


Shortly after the Celtics inked KG to his big deal, naysayers quickly began filling up the web with their worries about the Celtics title hopes. "They have no bench." "Rondo's too inexperienced and raw to give them the kind of PG play they need." "They can't hold up against the likes of the Pistons." Well, for those naysayers out there who didn't see last Saturday’s game against the Bad Boys of Detroit it was quite a treat. The Celtics came out ready to play. Rondo gave them 25 minutes of play that didn’t compare with Billup's line, but also didn't need to. Eddie House and Tony Allen helped out on the glass against Detroit's many bigs. And last but not least, came little Glenn. The man they call "Big Baby," erupted for 20 points, 16 of which came in the 4th quarter and it was the first time this season someone other than the Big 3 led the team in scoring. The Celtics proved they could not only hang with the Pistons, they could beat them on the road. As Doc said afterward, "Our players needed this,'' Rivers said. "We needed to return the favor.'' Speaking of Doc, I've received no emails, phone calls and certainly no invitations. Not even to the practice facility. I tell ya Doc, I could probably make the Knicks right now and it’d be a lot shorter commute but I'm holding out for you.

0 comments: